how to raise toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i am trying to install a toilet.
to install it i need to raise the height of the toilet pan by 4 inch so the pan connecter will go over the central heating pipe and will connect to the soil pipe .i know you can use the flexible pan connectar but i am not happy to use it . i heard there are few problem can occure with the flex conncetar. dont want to take risk.

so please if you guys can suggest any other soluation. i know i can use a thick piece of would but is there any professional way, may be something i can buy. i am going to tile the floor so i want it to look nice.

thanks..
i have attched photo..

Sponsored Links
if you haven't took in to account the thickness of the tiles etc yet your not far out.
i would alter the pipes at worst rather than the toilet on a plinth

thickness of the tile will probaly be 1inch at best 1 and half inch with grout.
i have not bought the tile yet but i am not going for expensive heavy tiles. so i dont think its gonaa be very thick. even at 1and half inch rasied i dont think it will be enough,. i need atleast 2/3 inch to go over the pipe.

I'd second seco's suggestion to just alter the CH pipework (offset it to go under the pan connector).

If you're not confident with a torch, you can buy tectite copper push fit fittings from screwfix and tradepoint that don't look too bad

Sponsored Links
Another benefit for moving the central heating pipes is that those without long legs won't have difficulty using the pan, which by raising four inches could cause them issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back