How to read hot water cylinder consumption

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have two old Geminox 200 litre tanks (EBS 200) below plumbed in paralell - I think from 2007 originally. I believe these are the specs below. I'm trying to work out how much energy they should consume to heat the tank from lets say 40 degrees to 55 degrees after two kids have showered. Am I correct that the coil is 55kw rating (seems high?) and that it should basically take something like 25-30kw to heat up the tank (based on a ratio of the the 55kw for a delta 30 degrees change below)?). Or am I understanding this completely wrong? Thanks for your help and time!

ebs 200.png
ebs 200 2.png

Sponsored Links
You need to measure the amount of water used then simply use this (or similar) calculator to find the energy required then multiply by your estimated efficiency to get the energy input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back