How to refix kicker boards now base legs won't fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed laminate flooring in my kitchen diner, some of the kitchen base unit legs will not go back under the units into the leg sockets which click into the bottom of the base unit. So i have screwed them up against the base units on their own!!.
My problem is, the kicker board used to be held in place by being clipped to the base legs.
This is not possible now, as the legs won't relocate back into the base leg supports due to the reduced height between laminate floor & underside of base unit.
Whilst the units are screwed to the walls & supported by weight onto the adjustable legs, if I try to push the kicker board clips onto the legs they just get pushed under. Whats the best way to support the kicker boards now, so that they all sit back at the same depth around the units.If there another method or attachment i can make or buy?

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Hey Whitehaven, are you lost in the forum jungle?
Us here at Electric UK aint interested unless you can plug it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back