how to remove and replace flexi hose on expansion vessel...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have a chaff britony 80 and believe the flexi hose is clogged up with sludge again,,,it did exactly the same thing around six months ago,,,pressure going right up then dumping out the overflow,,,plumber came and just cleaned out the flexi pipe and all has been fine since until today,,,unfortunatley i didnt take much notice to how he did this so can someone give me a simple step by step guide to remove and replace the flexi hose please......

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
plumber said system too old to be power flushed,,,cause more harm than good,,,so i took rads off last year and manually flushed them then added some inhibitor,,,plan to renew whole system eventually but trying to keep the chaff going till then............

took the flexi hose off today and no blockage atall,,,hardly any air pressure in vessel,,,pumped it up to 0.7 bar as it said in the manual,,,filled it back up with water to 1 bar and ran the heating for about half an hour,,,it went up to about 1.6 bar and stayed there,,,all seems good,,,fingers crossed,,,how do the vessels lose there air pressure over time i wonder???..............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back