How to remove concrete lump from yard floor?

OP,
If you will persist with me - I'd like to go on a little because I'm simply interested in solving a puzzle.

Does your drainage run straight back into a rear ginnel or back entry alley way?
Is there a manhole cover visible in the ginnel - one of a number of manhole covers going on to the end of the alleyway?

How do your kitchen wastes discharge - straight down into the concrete?
Presumably, your down spout does likewise unless the gutter is drained by the neighbour's down spout?
And, as above, does your bathroom waste(s) discharge into a hopper head?

Apologies for the delay in replying to this. In the yard there are several drains. There is a drain for the bathroom sink wastewater, which is in close proximity to the concrete lump. This does drain into a hopper head, as you suggest. There is a second drain, which serves the kitchen sink, washing machine and dishwasher wastewater, and that is at the foot of the outrigger. The third drain is at the bottom of the yard (at the foot of the wall, on the other side of which is the alleyway). This is to catch rainwater in the yard, I presume. As for manhole covers in the alleyway, I haven't seen any. There are rainwater drains, however.

Sponsored Links
The third drain is at the bottom of the yard (at the foot of the wall, on the other side of which is the alleyway). This is to catch rainwater in the yard, I presume.

10p says that's an interceptor trap ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back