How to remove dirt from silicone rendered wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new 20m retaining wall built last year in my garden. The face of the wall was coated with a light grey colour of Premium Bio Silicone Render. Due to splashback of rain water from the patio and general dirt, parts of the wall are dirty with dirt stains. I tried scrubbing the dirt off with soapy water and a brush but all I ended up doing was spreading the dirt along the wall.

Can anyone suggest the best method to remove the dirt stains off the wall? I have read that I should avoid high pressure wash as this can damage the silicone render.

Sponsored Links
Try a jet wash but standing very very far back to start and work in towards it?

You can hire long lance with round wall washing head. Tracer head I think they are called. Your problem is lower though.
Need the correct soap.
Maybe traffic film remover or something like that will work

This may help

Sponsored Links
I have attached a couple of photos showing the dirt on the wall.

Would a 1:1 ratio of household bleach and water, along with a light jet wash be OK to use in trying to clean the dirt off the wall?

Attachments

• Garden wall 1.jpg
    Garden wall 1.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Garden wall 2.jpg
    Garden wall 2.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 32
You could try this. I used it to good effect on oil stains on my driveway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back