How to remove faux tiling from the side of my bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think i may have a leak under my bath as the ceiling in my kitchen has some damp patches. I painted over them with whit paint and filled in the area around the edge of my bath/shower with poly filler where I thought the water was seeping through. I'm not 100% as the damp could still be slightly seen after i covered over it, but i think i may be getting a little worse and hence the problem i fixed may not have been the problem.

I need to take the side of my bath away so i can check to see if there is a leaking pipe etc.

The side of my bath has a faux tile side that is black and is connected to the floor with grout (I Think? Little grey lining?) I am obviously going to have to chip away at it somehow but want to know the best way of doing it as to not damage the bath side before I put it back on. The three other sides are black poly filler lining that i will attack with a Stanley knife.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I hope you mean sealant and not polly filla?
Try a wood chisel under the top edge if there are no screws holding it in place, and lever it out along the length it should be flexible if just hard board tile effect. Personally I would just put a hammer thru it and replace, sounds ugly.

Thanks,

Will get a chisel and give that a go!

Yes sorry not poly filla!

I'm a bit new to all this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back