Is this wetroom plan even possible? tiling side of bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The missis found this pic online <sigh> and so I'm now considering the possibility of a wetroom type shower right next to the bath.

Biggest concern would be water getting through the side of the bath. I was thinking waterproof tile backer board pushed under the lip of the bath and also the wetroom shower tray going 30mm under the bath then all tiled over.

Is this just a bad idea?

Advice/tips much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG-20190907-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190907-WA0000.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 341
Sponsored Links
A nightmare to clean!
Splashes everywhere, bath needs cleaning even if not used.
Tell the mrs it can't be done.

If extra cleaning is the only drawback I'll go ahead...its the missis that does the bathroom :)

After the novelty wears out the Mrs will ask (TELL) you to take it down and start again...

Sponsored Links
That pic shows a solution for a narrow bathroom so that a separate bath and shower can be fitted.

In practical terms it's terrible like johnny107 says you would be forever cleaning the bath every time you shower

What about if you need access under the bath too?

And I wouldn't want to have to do any work on those bath taps too.....

Tell your Mrs this and it might put her off! Or inflate the cost!

The cleaning is a fair point but we have the shower in the bath at the moment so it won't be any worse than now. Due to the shape of the bathroom (no spare corners) this is the only way we can have a walk in shower with seperate bath.

Access would be impossible once done which is a big concern. Just have to make sure its done right first time!

You don't need a corner to install a shower.....

Any chance of having a bird's eye view of proposed layout (I'm nosey)

Layout is the same as in the pic except the sink will go opposite the toilet (ours is a little wider than the pic bathroom)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back