Wet room enclosure, on tiled floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Duplicates merged
I have a small wetroom with curtains on a rail and would like to enclose the shower area until I can afford a total redesign of the room. Is it possible to install a sliding corner entry shower enclosure door cubicle direct onto the tiled floor, without using a shower tray? The one I’m considering is ‘ELEGANT 800 x 700 mm Sliding Corner Entry Shower Enclosure Door Cubicle’ from https://www.elegantshowers.co.uk/el...rner-entry-shower-enclosure-door-cubicle.html

Any advice or tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a small wetroom with curtains on a rail and would like to enclose the shower area until I can afford a total redesign of the room. Could any plumbers advise me if it is possible to install a sliding corner entry shower enclosure door cubicle direct onto the tiled floor, without using a shower tray? The one I’m considering is ‘ELEGANT 800 x 700 mm Sliding Corner Entry Shower Enclosure Door Cubicle’ from https://www.elegantshowers.co.uk/el...rner-entry-shower-enclosure-door-cubicle.html

Any advice or tips gratefully received.

Thanks

If the floor is level, sure. If it slopes to drain the water you'll need to do something - enclosure screens are installed on the level edge of a tray

Be sure to clean the existing tiles well; silicone won't adhere properly to tiles covered in conditioner etc

Sponsored Links
If the floor is level, sure. If it slopes to drain the water you'll need to do something - enclosure screens are installed on the level edge of a tray

Be sure to clean the existing tiles well; silicone won't adhere properly to tiles covered in conditioner etc
Thanks for this great point. Have my doubts about his level the floor is but will double-check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back