How to remove gate posts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm a first time poster looking for some advice on how to remove the some gate posts from my drive. I've attached some photos which may be of help.
In the long run I'm planning on removing the wall at the front of the garden and turn some of the lawn into a second parking space by either tarmacing or paving. But for the time being I'd like to remove the metal gate posts to give a bit more room when reversing onto the drive.
I was thinking of using an angle grinder to cut them down as near to the ground and I can manage. Does this sound sensible? Would it make them harder to remove later when I re-do the drive?
Is there a better way to remove them?
The brick wall is mine and will be coming down eventually but the wooden fence is my neighbours so I don't want to damage it.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
George
View media item 33532 View media item 33533 View media item 33534 View media item 33535

Sponsored Links
Certainly use an angle grinder to cut off the post by the wooden fence. Any vehicles won't be able to run over it due to its proximity to the fence.
Or even leave it in situ. It won't hurt.

The other post, by the wall, I'd remove from the ground completely. Once part of the wall is down you'll have some 'wiggle' room and be able to dig around a bit to remove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back