How to remove Grundfos UPM3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, how do I best remove this Grundfos UPM 3 which is blocked please?

There is no give on the horizontal arms either side of it so I think I have to start dismantling more - but what's the "right way" to do it please?

thank you.

IMG_7302.JPG

Sponsored Links
The 2 left hand unions undo ,a pump will come with new washer
thanks for your answer - my questions was whether the male parts of the Grundfos will allow it to be removed from the arms attached to the manifold - as they can't bend upwards and downwards to give clearance

thanks for your answer - my questions was whether the male parts of the Grundfos will allow it to be removed from the arms attached to the manifold - as they can't bend upwards and downwards to give clearance
Undo those unions and it will slide out. Inside there are two flat plates joined by a washer, no additional pipe movement should be required.

If you just need to clean the impeller you can remove the pump head by undoing the 4 allen bolts.

Sponsored Links
Undo those unions and it will slide out. Inside there are two flat plates joined by a washer, no additional pipe movement should be required.

If you just need to clean the impeller you can remove the pump head by undoing the 4 allen bolts.

Are the 4 allen bolts on the side facing the wall, ie the one I can't see? Or joining the black electronics box to the pump housing?

2 out of the 4 are very visible, the pump housing is intentionally shaped to allow easy access for a long or t-bar ?4mm allen key.

Are the 4 allen bolts on the side facing the wall, ie the one I can't see? Or joining the black electronics box to the pump housing?
I have highlighted the two we can see. The others are in the same place further around...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back