How to remove handles on sliding patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The handles on both sides on my patio doors are starting to come loose. Just a slight wobble at this stage, but with heavy door it will only get worse.
I'm fairly sure they just connect with a bolt to the inside of the plate, but I can't get the whole assembly off the door to tighten them.

There are two long bolts from the inside, and they come out easily. The handle now seems to be held together by the locking lever either side.

I've tried gripping the lever with pliers softened with a bit of inner tube and pulling, but I'm reluctant to put too much force in to it.

There's no grub screw so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows the best way to do this before I break it trying to

IMG_1424.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well, after speaking to someone this morning I decided to have another go. I shut the door fully first so it was braced in the frame and gave the handle a jolly hard pull and it came off. Outside face came off too, and bounced off the patio, but only a tiny chip :(

A quick tighten of the screws and its all back to solid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back