How to remove hole cover to use drain snake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My house have the sink plug types shown in the attached photos. I have a couple of blocked sink drains that Mr Muscle or a plunger hasn't resolved so I purchased a drain snake from Amazon. However, upon receiving it I realised that the head of the snake is too large to fit down my sink drain without removing the thing that is fixed to the sink drain opening. I have no idea what that part is called but what are my options? Is it easy to remove so that the snake goes down easily? I'm a complete novice so the mantra of "no task is too big" doesn't really ring true with me :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Remove trap and use that for entry point , you might find you just have a blocked trap . In the kitchen boiling water can often help clear as grease is the main source of blockage .

Remove trap and use that for entry point , you might find you just have a blocked trap . In the kitchen boiling water can often help clear as grease is the main source of blockage .
Thanks foxhole and apologies for taking so long to notice your message. I was hoping not to as it's not actually that easy to get to in the sink that I want to unblock. I'm hoping that a plumber is going to come and change the taps anyway so I might wait until then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back