how to remove this faucet cartridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to help my parents fix a leaking faucet. Its on the hot water side and leaks continuously. I removed the faucet cap and found the faucet cartridge has a plastic piece in the middle. The base is large hex nut . I wonder how to replace this cartridge. Do I use a vise grip wrench and just pull the plastic piece? Or do I unscrew the hex nut? Why do they have to make it so complicated?

The plastic piece is not even, on side is flat and the other side is raised a bit higher at the base. The photos is below. please can someone please help.

//www.diynot.com/network/throne7/albums/4375

Sponsored Links
first turn the water off to the tap. if you have an isolation valve. are you on a hotwate cylinder? there will be an isolation there. then take the hex nut off which will release the body to change the washer.

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back