How to repair flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm hoping I could get some advice. I need to fix this cabin roof and stop it from leaking. I'm only renting it so don't want to spend too much and I will only need it for a couple of years.

I was thinking of using something like cromapol over the whole thing, would that work?

Any other suggestions?

I'l attach some images of the roof.

IMG_20210528_181423.jpg IMG_20210528_181253.jpg IMG_20210528_181302.jpg IMG_20210528_181243.jpg
Thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Cheers. You think I should just go over the areas that look problematic or just go over the whole roof?

Sponsored Links
It's only a portakabin im planning to use as a little shop. I can rent it really cheap if I sort the problems out myself.

Just make sure you wear gloves, otherwise it’s a b***h to get off.

Cheers. Acrypol seems a bit more expensive than other brands that look similar. Is is worth paying the extra or will anything similar be ok?

Flexacryl, evercryl, black jack are others that will so the Job also, make sure the roof is clean first.

Use throwaway paint brushes

When you say make sure its clean, do I just need to brush it off or should I use some kind of cleaning product?

Cheers. You think I should just go over the areas that look problematic or just go over the whole roof?

Do the joints and see how it goes, for the sake of an extra 20 quid or so I would go with the acrypol type stuff...

Just had a closer look at the roof and it has areas with a lot of fibres, as shown in the photo below. Could I still use acrypol? any special prep needed? do I need to make the surface smoother before I start?

IMG_20210602_145003.jpg

Looks like its already had a coat of acrypol in the past, just make sure its clean and give it another coat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back