How To Replace This Mixer Tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My trouble is removing the old tap. There are two copper pipes coming from the underneath. I can undo the the lower nuts. But how do I undo the upper ones? There is little room with the sink pipes. etc

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_153646301.jpg
    IMG_20210226_153646301.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
1. As Andydevon says, get a set of monbloc tap spanners. They are box spanners.
2. Undo securing nut and remove metal and rubber "horseshoe" washers.
3. Isolate water. Undo hot and cold connections (below base of sink level) and remove compressions nuts and olives from lower end of pipes. If access is difficult, cut the pipes just above the connections, which is easier to do anyway.
4. Remove old tap. The copper pipes attached to the base of the tap are of soft copper, and can be bent so they go through the hole in the sink.

Thanks! But the trouble is I can't undo the securing not has there is a hot and cold copper pipe coming from underneath the tap in the way. The securing nut seems to be in the way so I can't undo the hot and cold copper pipe nuts! These pipes seem to fimly fit lower down. I tried mol grips to twist but no joy. Should I cut the copper pipe?

Sponsored Links
If the pipes are in the way, I tend to gently bend them so I can get monobloc tap spanner in.

Should I cut the copper pipe?

Just cut the pipes after isolating the water, you will need to fit new pipes anyway with the new tap. Modern ones tend to use flexible pipes anyway, for the final section of pipe. You will need a proper long box or tube spanner to undo the nut on the horseshoe shaped metal bracket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back