HOw to replace water pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my radiators appear not heat up quite as much as they did ie top half hot lower half warm there is no air in the system. This morning I looked at the pump and noticed it smelt a bit like burning plastic therefore I suspect that the pump is at fault> can anyone advise?

If I need to replace pump it looks like undoing the 2 nuts and sliding in new pump in but how do you empty boiler of water please. Ie could tell me the procedure. The boiler is halstead ace high 102.

Easy language please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
doubt that your pump needs changing

try doing a search on "sludge" and "flushing"

Hi thanks for advise however all the rads are the same throughout the house. Would this sludge be the problem. The system has been flushed about four times in last year with fernox and sentinel.

In addition last 10 days ago I had 4 rads upgraded to doubles and past ten days worked perfect lots of lovely heat.

Then this morning the auto air vent and pressure relief valve released water and the pump smelt of burning plastic. Does it suggest that the pump did not operate causing pressure ( This was from cold). after this I restarted the boiler and the rads don't seem to heat up to temp they did before ie the top half quite hot but the lower half not as hot.

Thanks Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back