How to reset a Scantronic 9448 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I really hope that someone out there is able to help??
Whilst cleaning for an elderly lady yesterday that has the Scantronic 9448 Alarm installed in her home, I accidentally triggered one of the panic buttons by pressing it whilst dusting, causing the alarms to go off! Not knowing the code and not being able to switch it off as the lady was out, the alarm went off for about half an hour and then thank goodness it stopped!
However, now all of the buttons on the alarm panel are red and neither me or the lady who lives in the house know how to reset it to work as normal again?? I'm guessing that it needs to be reset somehow, but I don't know how?? Please can anybody help as the lady needs the alarm for when she goes out and I feel dreadful about it and would like to try and sort it out without the expense of an engineer.
Huge thanks to anyone that may be able to help :D

Sponsored Links
Hello, I really hope that someone out there is able to help??
Whilst cleaning for an elderly lady yesterday that has the Scantronic 9448 Alarm installed in her home, I accidentally triggered one of the panic buttons by pressing it whilst dusting, causing the alarms to go off! Not knowing the code and not being able to switch it off as the lady was out, the alarm went off for about half an hour and then thank goodness it stopped!
However, now all of the buttons on the alarm panel are red and neither me or the lady who lives in the house know how to reset it to work as normal again?? I'm guessing that it needs to be reset somehow, but I don't know how?? Please can anybody help as the lady needs the alarm for when she goes out and I feel dreadful about it and would like to try and sort it out without the expense of an engineer.
Huge thanks to anyone that may be able to help :D

Panic buttons usually need re-setting at the device itslef, when a button is pressed they stay latched in and there is usually a key to reset them.

It is relatively easy to remove the cover and reset them without a key thouh and it's basically as simple as removing the cover and sliding the button back to it's original position.

Once this is done enter the user code on the keyapd and all should go back to normal.

Thanks for this info, After it happened I used the little key next to the panic box to turn the panic button off, the little display window turned back to white instead of red, but as I didn't know the actual alarm code it just kept going for about 30 minutes then stopped. I wonder how to now reset the alarm back to normal, there must be a procedure to reset to normal as all the lights are red on the alarm display panel and apparently they weren't like it before??
Many thanks :)

Thanks for this info, After it happened I used the little key next to the panic box to turn the panic button off, the little display window turned back to white instead of red, but as I didn't know the actual alarm code it just kept going for about 30 minutes then stopped. I wonder how to now reset the alarm back to normal, there must be a procedure to reset to normal as all the lights are red on the alarm display panel and apparently they weren't like it before??
Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
There is a way to reset it but not without the user code.

Once the user code is entered it will reset, on a 9448 panel the engineer code is not required but you do need a valid user code which the householder should know.

You said in your original post that the lady needs the alrm to work for when she goes out, on this basis she must know the user code because without it she wouldn't be able to set the alarm anyway.

Yes she does know the user code and I'm sure she did enter it on her return home?? So I don't know if it's caused a problem with the alarm as it was going off for so long and then stopped ringing without the code being entered?? I will ask her to try it again just incase she didn't. Thank you very much for your help, I'm hoping that if she just enters the code again then this will rectify the problem?? Many thanks :)

It should. The 9448 like most panels can be programmed to silence sounders after a pre-set time. This is to prevent noise nuisance.
What has probably happened is that the alarm has activated via the panic button, the panel has timed out (it is supposed to) then the user has entered her code which has disarmed the system.

The code will now need to be entered again to reset the system.

It's been years since I have wroked on a 9448 but I am pretty sure that once the panel is reset you will only see the "day" and "Mains" lights on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back