how to route cable from downstairs to loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just want to know how I could route a cable from my consumer unit in the under-stair cupboard to the loft, I know there are many methods however im not sure how it was done in my house and want to know if there are known ways or methods to do so.

My first thought was come under the floor to an outside wall and drill through then up on the external wall in conduit, im trying to avoid chomping away at the plaster

It is a 1930s bult semi with no cavities

cheers

Sponsored Links
If you dont want to remove plaster, then you have answered the question already :D

ahhh ok then cheers for that, i just realised i could get it under the stairs under the floor boards into a room then up through a cupboard i guess that should be good and could dig out the plaster and patch and paint it since its inside a cupboard

ahhh ok then cheers for that, i just realised i could get it under the stairs under the floor boards into a room then up through a cupboard i guess that should be good and could dig out the plaster and patch and paint it since its inside a cupboard

So long as the cable is routed in a safe zone (150mm of adjoining walls = a corner).
Or run it in some trunking if its in the cupboard.

Sponsored Links
yep definitly thank you for your posts, i think i will probably just use trunking as it will be covered and less hassle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back