Routing cables in a conservatory?

Inspector- with all respect you talk from your $&((*&))()£$!

No one can teach Domestic Installation in five or even 10 days. Not even one h*ll of a guy........

Sponsored Links
Inspector said:
Electricians who have served their time etc are as accountable for their actions as those who have no formal training. Anyone can be an 'electrician', so lets not blow the trade out of proportion. Domestic wiring is easy, but we like the idea of DIYers thinking its complicated. I'm just setting the record straight.

Plumbing = pump, manifold, pressure relief valves, pipework (flow & return), valves ...
Electrics = generator, distribution board, MCBs, cables (live & neutral), switches ...

Water (current) flows and if you squeeze the pipe then you increase the resistance and the water pressure rises. If the pipe is too small (1.5mm wire for a cooker supply) then the pressure in the pipe also increases and may burst.

Its no more than V=IR, P=VA, current carrying capacity and common sense. I run a course in my local college which teaches students domestic installation in 10 days. I could do it in 5 but I drag it out for greenbacks. And yes, I am a h*ll of a guy!!!

B*LLSH*T, it is people like you that are destroying standards in our industry, this causes the public to have a lack of confidence.

You CANNOT teach a person all they need to know to be an electrician in 5, 10 or 15 days.

But then you know what they say,

THOSE THAT CAN DO, THOSE THAT CANNOT, TEACH!!

In your case it is especially true.

i feel really sorry for all the guys in your classes who think they can conquer the electrical world after 10 days. I think the principal would be interested to to know what's going on in his own classrooms....

Simon, I wouldn't let the Guy get to you. However I agree that if, and I doubt it's true, he is teaching as he claims, then he is a fool, a **** and a thief.

He is fooling his employer and lieing to his students, not professional, not clever, not intelligent and NOT TRUE no doubt as no-one could do what he claims.

Therefore he is just a muppet that needs to be ignored.

Sponsored Links
Looks like I missed a good debate........

The inspector needs to be inspected, me thinks.........

il78 said:

You have a point there Ian, perhaps he is off looking for the Pink Panther...Oh hang, that Inspector was French, this Guy is a Cowboy!

il78 said:

That's 'cos you're busy on your knees (praying) !!

Scoby_Beasley said:
il78 said:

That's 'cos you're busy on your knees (praying) !!

No, thought I would quit my job and become a condom sales person.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back