How to run proper Alexa, on Windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got Windows Alexa on my Win11 laptop, but the Windows version of Alexa, cannot do all that the Android version does (Routines etc.).

I used to be able to run Bluestacks, the Android emulator, then Alexa in that, but...

It now says Alexa is no longer compatible with Win11.

I also have WinXP, but Bluestacks cannot be run on WinXP.

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at the built-in Android integration with Win 11?

Or alternatively, you could try installing the Android app directly...

I've just tried installing the Amazon App Store, but I'm not seeing the Alexa App listed for download. there are a few independant offerings of Alexa utils, and how to use apps.

I've just tried installing the Amazon App Store, but I'm not seeing the Alexa App listed for download. there are a few independant offerings of Alexa utils, and how to use apps.
Sorry, I didn't realise how limited the app choice was.

The other simple option is...
Have you looked at the built-in Android integration with Win 11?
Phone Link is built-in. It claims to support apps, but I've just been experimenting, and my rather elderly phone doesn't work.
May be worth a try?

Sponsored Links
Phone Link is built-in. It claims to support apps, but I've just been experimenting, and my rather elderly phone doesn't work.
May be worth a try?

I do have Phonelink on my Win11, and working - I use it for texts via the PC. I also have Alexa on the same phone, but for some reason it takes forever to appear and respond, when I try to use it.

I would have a very serious think about whether you really want Alexa to be anywhere near any of your systems. Do you value your privacy? Do you want big tech listening to every single conversation that you have?

I Alexa'd up my whole apartment a few years back. Then when I found out that all conversations that it heard were by default being sent to a human to listen to that was a game changer.

You are basically inviting the government to listen to you and profile you in every single way.

I Alexa'd up my whole apartment a few years back. Then when I found out that all conversations that it heard were by default being sent to a human to listen to that was a game changer.

Which is untrue - only when the system is triggered by the wake word 'Alexa', does the system wake up and listen to the instruction following it. Try watching, the data, passing via your network modem.

Which is untrue - only when the system is triggered by the wake word 'Alexa', does the system wake up and listen to the instruction following it. Try watching, the data, passing via your network modem.
@Harry Bloomfield Which 100% is true. I work in the industry mate. Its common knowledge for those in the know.

Amazon got exposed for it about 18 months ago. I can't find the full article on it anymore. You could turn off the option in the settings previously to stop it from doing this.

Sponsored Links
Back