How to separate a coupled upvc door and window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise how to separate the coupled door and window in the photo shown please?

I want to retain the door, move it over to the left hand side (I can turn it round if necessary as it currently opens from the left), remove the window side completely, (I will be walling up the hole), and retain/modify the frame to hold the repositioned door.

As far as I can see, the frame seems to be in one piece at the top, but in 2 pieces at the bottom, and there's a plastic strip down the middle, which I assume covers the join between the two.

door2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thats just a trim at the top and you can pull it off.
The door and window are screwed from either side into a metal coupler in the middle, You will need to take out the glass and panel from the window to get to the screws on that side, The door side ones should be visible when the door is open.

Turning it around to open out is not a good idea, The drainage would all then be draining to the inside but more importantly the beads on the door would be outside so anyone could just whip them out and walk into your house. Not very secure!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back