How to silicone a bath screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello apologies this is not specifically tile related but it involves sealing my tiled bath and I think many tilers will have the expertise in fitting bath screens and using silicone.

I'm half way through fitting a bath screen. This one actually:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kartell-UK-G4K-Radius-Bath-Screen-G4KSS-/302011487345

I've got as far as fixing the back plate to the tiles and am about to slow in the screen and use the self tapping screws as per the instructions.

Regarding sealing I ran a single bead of silicone down the middle back of the plate but the instructions don't really indicate when/where else to silicone.

I've attached an image of the back plate on the not-yet-siliconed bath/tiles so show you what I'm working with:

41hey7cnt

s6i4fwwyh

I'm reading that I shouldn't silicone the inside bottom of the back plate to let out any water that gets inside. However I'm looking at it thinking - should I silicone the whole bath first because it looks like water is just going to run in and straight down the back.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Seal the whole bath first before fitting the enclosure, and seal the outside edge of the enclosure, same as for shower enclosure. Silicone up the wall under the rail like you've done should be fine as long as you can still seal the bath to the wall under it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back