How to solder safely INSIDE a combi boiler??

Mike2007 said:
Are you CORGI reg'd?
True enough I am not, but I am using kerosene not natural gas!
Its quite funny in a way, as I fitted a towel rad this week and it said" Use a Corgi registered plumber" ??
Anyway, soldering it is, I will just have to be a big boy and get on with it!
Cheers

My Mistake Sorry

Sponsored Links
Mike2007 said:
Just for the record, the boiler is dry of water and oil it is being installed for the first time.
Also I have all the qualifications OFTEC offer for oil appliances.Thank you to everyone for their kind contributions! ;)

Mike, dont you think that if you had explained your situation then you would have got a much quicker useful reply when you are asking what seems to many here to be a DIYers question?

Are you actually registered with OFTEC ?

Tony

I finished by piping today and it was not straight forward due to the pipe layout as I mentioned. I used a combination of conex and solder joints.
WHY did I not just use all compression joints, well if there is no space to move a spanner then solder is the only one.
Wish Worcester would consider the installer and have the pipes leaving the boiler rear perpendicular. As it is on the Greenstar Oil Heatslave they are all heights and angles, rubbish to join onto nice parallel pipe runs??

Cheers for your comments :)

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Are you actually registered with OFTEC ?
Thank you for your question Agile, but I really don't understand why you are pressing this question?
I am registered with Napit to do oil work and minor electrical work, if this this ok maybe we can move onto the next question??

You are very knowledgeable about the plumbing and heating industry I have no doubt (as I have read your posts). But I can not understand why you take the stand of "police" in virtually all areas? The people generally who post in the site want to bypass tradesmen and (at their own risk) attempt to DIY! This may result in serious injury or sadly death, but quoting the law only dissuades a small amount of the people.
There are safety bodies set up to find, control and prosecute (if need be) those people that break the law.
Telling people what the law is does not stop law breaking!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back