How to stop a copper pipe turning in the wall?

I've had a through-the-wall drain cock on my heating system for best part of 30 yrs and never had an issue with freezing or turning (it is ALL copper pipe) or anything else for that matter. No internal shut-off. It just works, end of. :)

You're saying water pipes never freezes at your castle :cool: or just that particular one.

Any reason, perhaps 100mm water proof lagging, trace heating etc :?:

Sponsored Links
Never had any pipes freeze but they are all well lagged.

The drain-off just projects through the wall at below floor level. Insulated in the underfloor space but nothing through the wall

Lucky man, I can assure you they would here and several times before Christmas, I would go as far as to say they would be frozen solid for most of the winter.

Doesn't really matter if it freezes. As long as you don't fit a ball valve.
If you want to drain down then get the kettle out or fill the system with X500.
On a new build it should be below ground level anyway and you leave the access box outside with insulation below the lid.

Sponsored Links
I can't believe someone would use push-fit fittings where there's going to be rotational force and not brace it properly!
Straight wallplate with pipe and a BSP draincock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back