How to stop wall letter box banging ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to stop a wall letter box banging ? Would a magnetic strip work, thick strip of draught tape around edge so it bangs on to that to dim the sound?

Sponsored Links
Swap it for one with spring or see if you can fix.
Most upvc doors have plastic pin in box that is replaceable. Bought mine off ebay as it snapped, but the plastic pin (HINGE) twists and acts as a spring to keep it shut.
Also brush around stops wind blowing it but normally the spring works fine.
Brass ones in wooden doors have a metal spring and cheap enough to replace if bust.

Swap it for one with spring or see if you can fix.
Most upvc doors have plastic pin in box that is replaceable. Bought mine off ebay as it snapped, but the plastic pin (HINGE) twists and acts as a spring to keep it shut.
Also brush around stops wind blowing it but normally the spring works fine.
Brass ones in wooden doors have a metal spring and cheap enough to replace if bust.
hi, its not a door letter box.

Its a wall mounted one

Sponsored Links
Oh.
Watch out for mail bandits. 3 done near me including a neighbour with identity fraud.

Magnet then.
Maybe use fridge magnet and cut and stick on. That will work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back