How to strip the knobs off a Travi Traditional ZIDL E3115A?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched through dozens of threads here without coming up with a solution to this one. I found some links to data sheets but the pages were no longer available.

I prised out the plastic plug on the on/off valve expecting to see a screw securing the head of the tap but no - just a shallow conical indent on the centre - so how do you get the heads off?.

The bezels under the valve heads appear to just turn with screwing in or out.

There is no access from the rear - it's all flush onto the tiles.

The reason I want to strip this is because there is very little flow through the cold valve despite similar pressure available to both hot and cold.

The flow valve can just turn and turn - only the first 90 degrees or so seem to do anything but it does turn on and off and does not drip. just does not seem to open fully on the cold side.

As always - any help gratefully received

dfoss
(when you get to my age every day is a new experience)

Sponsored Links
Wow - thanks for that - I saw a similar data sheet but if it was the same I missed page 10 which shows the Traditional.

I think someone has stripped the head off on this one and/or tried to drill it off because it looked just like a shallow conical depression - not a slotted screw thread. I need to go back and try again.

Got any thoughts about the possible cause of the low cold flow?

Blocked filters either on the pump or in the shower valve or if your unlucky both.

Sponsored Links
Been all through the pump so probably something in the shower - if I can get it to bits!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back