How to tart up my gate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy.

I like our arched iron side gate, but don't like that you can see through it (like in the picture).

Anyone know of a solution which could be attached to stop people being able to see through? Like a privacy screen.

I don't want to get a whole new gate as the structure is fine, and am looking for something durable and fairly sleek looking (Rather than fake foliage or a wooden mat)

Thanks!

Attachments

• manor-wrought-iron-metal-side-gate19082020110323.png
    manor-wrought-iron-metal-side-gate19082020110323.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
Grey aluminium sheet or compositie panel, cut to suit? Not sure on fixings, tie wraps would work (easy) but a bit Heath Robinson though they'be fairly low profile if the colour was a good match. Tricky to to get a fixing that looks sleek.

Grey aluminium sheet or compositie panel, cut to suit? Not sure on fixings, tie wraps would work (easy) but a bit Heath Robinson though they'be fairly low profile if the colour was a good match. Tricky to to get a fixing that looks sleek.

Thanks, I hadn't looked at composite panels; really useful

'Luxury Screens' provide a decorative way to cover gaps, so depending on the size of the gate maybe look at their wares. Galvanised clips could be used to secure one, like those used on mesh panels.

Sponsored Links
Google

Gate screen.

Might get something ready made that will fit, depending if size matches or DIY cut to size screening materials

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back