How to tell Product ID for Velux top-hung windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a couple of top-hung Velux windows, but unless I am totally blind I cannot for the life of me find the product ID panel for them. Doesn't anyone where it is? I need to buy some blinds for them.

Their "help" page is a clear as mud:

http://www.veluxusa.com/help-and-advice/product-id

Are they "stamped into the side of the exterior covers"? Where's that?

BTW the windows are I think the same as the ones the slightly orgasmic-looking woman is looking at in the big photo at the top of the page.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies on this - sorry for late response. All the links suggested either assume that the window is centre pivot (that is, it opens from the middle) not top-hung. So there is no "font panel" in that sense, and what there is has no number plate on it. Either that or they assume I know the base model (GDL, GFL ,etc.).

All I know is that I have top-hung Velux windows (they came with an accessory brochure stuck to the glass, so I know they are in fact Velux:

http://fixmyroof.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Roof-Window-Types3.jpg

But try as I might I cannot see any ID plate on them. At least on the inside. Perhaps I'm going to have to get on the roof to find out.

Sponsored Links
So I found the ID plate, and here's how (in case anyone else needs to know).

Each morning I try to find about 15mins to meditate. Yesterday I decided to do so in our new loft conversion where the windows in question are. I stood, looking out through one of them and closed my eyes. Bringing my attention to my breath, and then gradually out to my body, my thoughts and the structure around me, holding these in full attention, moment to moment.

At a certain point, I opened my eyes. In a state of deep mental calm, raised my left hand to the Velux. I opened it without judgement or expectation, and contemplated the Velux just as it is. I then noticed my mind directing my attention effortlessly to the ID plate fixed to the top left of the inner flange.

This was a profound revelation to me. For weeks I had been trying to see the ID plate. I had opened and closed those windows countless times. My meditation of them showed me the true nature of the window. And with that nature, the ID I sought.

The stillness we seek happens not when the world is quiet or the mind is free, but when we see things truly as they are in the moment. Eternally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back