How to Temporarily Close an Auto Bypass Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is there any way to temporarily close an auto bypass valve like the one shown in the attached picture?

Please don’t ask why, there’s a good reason!

I just need to stop the flow through it without altering the pipework connected to it, wasnt sure if you could take the head apart or something and close the valve?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 9E34DB98-3DC5-4FF5-9AD5-C45254C81BC4.jpeg
    9E34DB98-3DC5-4FF5-9AD5-C45254C81BC4.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
Just wind the head clockwise? until the index is at it max of 0.5bar or 5M which should stop any bypassing.

Just wind the head clockwise? until the index is at it max of 0.5bar or 5M which should stop any bypassing.
But this doesn’t close it does it? I want to prevent anything going across it if I have mains pressure of say 2 bar one side and an open drain the other..

No, it doesn't, it will open once the pressure is > 0.5bar.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, so I’m asking if there’s any way to close it so it doesn’t matter the differential pressure..?

Don,t think so as its spring loaded to stay closed with circulating pumps which generally run with a head of 0.3 to 0.5bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back