How to terminate this old sink waste into the soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

how would you go about terminating that un-required sink waste into the soil pipe so that I can close the floor over for good?

is there a cap or something available to buy?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_200149.jpg
    IMG_20200509_200149.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 134
Sorry that’s only the outside diameter of the grey boss coupling, and doesn’t mean much. The size is either 36mm or 43mm.

Sponsored Links
Ah sorry, it looked like there was already a cap on it, about 2 or 3mm thick, but right to the edge of my measurement. I presumed what I thought was the cap already had a hole cut in it. So, the hole that white pipe is in, is actually where the plug goes? If I just use a mallet and bash upwards will that white pipe come out fairly easily do you think?

What you have is solvent welded together.The white pipe is solvent welded into the grey boss adaptor,in turn solvent welded into the Boss.
Bashing it is not an option.
How far below the floor is the joint where white pipe enters grey boss adaptor ?

You will need to cut off the white pipe ,leaving a 25mm stub of white pipe. Then clean the pipe stub outer diameter of any irregularities ,if need be. Then fit a McAlpine compression blanking plug...see Screwfix code 96079 if pipe is 40 mm or if 32 mm code 73053

You will need to cut off the white pipe ,leaving a 25mm stub of white pipe. Then clean the pipe stub outer diameter of any irregularities ,if need be. Then fit a McAlpine compression blanking plug...see Screwfix code 96079 if pipe is 40 mm or if 32 mm code 73053

Thanks mate. But pipe seems to be 36mm?

Was it a sink connected or a bathroom basin ? Use the 32 mm blanking plug.

36mm = 1” and 1/4 (32mm Internal diameter irrc).

Thank you both. I've ordered the MCALPINE S23U. I just hope I can still fit in supports for the floor to screw onto too. It's going to be tight. Could maybe twist the soil pipe once the caius installed I guess. Wish me luck!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back