How to tie down a flat roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 8m-6m garage being built from 200m concrete block. The structure is having a flat roof that needs to be tied to the wall at 1500mm intervals. This is going to be ugly. Any suggestions to do this that won’t look so bad would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
With straps? Paint over them or put a shelf in front of them?

We did a job a couple of weeks ago for two nice chaps, and bizarrely they had a similar request. We came up with this.

foto_no_exif.jpg

Sponsored Links
o dear

Its suddenly got like a classic VW forum I know.

I was hoping to get a bit of help with something that would look a bit better, somthing better must be used on old stone buildings

o dear

I was hoping to get a bit of help with something that would look a bit better, somthing better must be used on old stone buildings
I do know what you mean re the straps -they dont look all that nice.

The problem is they need to tie into a few rows of masonry.

o dear

It's a garage! What do you expect the inside of a garage to look like with your classic VW parked inside? The Taj Mahal? Sydney Opera House? The Ritz? The Burj Khalifa? :rolleyes:

o dear

You don’t have an old stone building , they are normally hidden behind plasterboard , you could line the garage .

Galvanised mild steel holding down straps on the inside face of a blockwork garage wall , what is wrong with that :?: If you want to improve the appearance you could paint the blockwork and straps white . :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back