How to tighten toilet seat on this pan?!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been asked to tighten up a loose toilet seat but I do have a clue how to do it on this type of pan. Can somebody give me some instructions please? Picture attached

N

Attachments

• P_20150904_160348.jpg
    P_20150904_160348.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 177
Sponsored Links
depends on the fixing bracket, some tighten from above in which case easy, lift seat off and use a screwdriver to tighten against pan,
if not pan has to come away to get underneath to tighten.

Most fixings on seats are sh1te these days and it will probably loosen again within a few months no matter how tight you do them :rolleyes:

top down style fixings:
s-l1000.jpg

Hopefully you do have the fittings as described by dean which can be tightened from above. If someone has fitted a bog standard seat (excuse the pun) then a new top fixing seat would be required - or remove the whole toilet which is a bit drastic.

Thanks very much for you replies. I did not realise that there are now top fixings, I am bit of an old dynosaur (still have pump action screw drivers and copper pipe handy).

FYI - I will spend some time designing the ultimate toilet seat hinge. Look out Branson and Dison, here I come! :)

Sponsored Links
depends on the fixing bracket, some tighten from above in which case easy, lift seat off and use a screwdriver to tighten against pan,
if not pan has to come away to get underneath to tighten.

Most fixings on seats are sh1te these days and it will probably loosen again within a few months no matter how tight you do them :rolleyes:

top down style fixings:
s-l1000.jpg
Is the picture of something you would find in a male version of Ann Summers? Surely missing some form of lube. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back