How to unblock soil pipe without much access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the soil pipe is blocked because all the bathroom drains are all slow and flushing the toilet makes water spurt up into the bath from the drain.

I've tried a metal flexible snake thing but that didn't work. Plunging doesn't work.

Ideally I could put drain rods down the top of the soil pipe. But I have an attic conversion so they cut the soil pipe and put a durgo valve on top under the attic floor boards. They're not boards I can pull up, have to cut an access hole. So it's hard to get above the soil pipe.

I can reach across under the attic floor from the eves and pull the durgo valve off. There's then about 3 or 4 inches from the soil pipe to the floor boards above.

So I wondered if there's anything else I could shove down over the top of the soil pipe which would bend 90 degrees over and then a long way down the pipe that I could then move around to unblock it. I thought I'd try the metal snake thing I have but it's probably too flimsy.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the manhole?

Normally I would jet up from the manhole, if there is no manhole and the stack pipe is outside then a hole can be drilled and jetted from there.

Phone around for a fixed price.

Andy

They terminated the soil pipe under the floor? That sounds wrong. Any access chambers you can look in?

Any external waste pipes going into the soil pipe ? if so you, could try there to take waste apart, and rod there

Sponsored Links
I cut a hole in the attic floor to access it and it wasn't blocked.

So I checked the outside drain... The people who did my drive recently concreted over the drain outside and put the cover on top! So I had no idea until I took the cover off. The concrete had collapsed in, blocked the drain and restricted the airflow. The durgo valve restricts the airflow too, the drainage worked ok just slow. So the blockage only partially blocked it it still drained but blockage AND durgo airflow was restricted and cause pressure changes in the system.

All working now after clearing out drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back