how to use a concealed hinge drill bit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again :)

I bought this drill bit yesterday from the local hardware shop. I haven't opened it yet because I may want to return it in case I find it's easier to use the "normal" hinges.

Anyway my question is: Does the bit suddenly stops when a certain depth is reached? (e.g. at 13mm, it just stops).

My laminate panel is around 16mm thick and I'm concern I drill right through it.

Any tips for a beginner whose drill is a handheld-type?

I searched the net but I cannot find what I need.

Thank you very much for the help :)

Sponsored Links
The drill won't stop automatically when the correct depth is reached, you'll have to do that yourself when the bit is in far enough.

As you say, the problem is that there won't be much left of panel when you're done. It isn't too difficult though, just go nice and slow :)

The drill won't stop automatically when the correct depth is reached, you'll have to do that yourself when the bit is in far enough.

As you say, the problem is that there won't be much left of panel when you're done. It isn't too difficult though, just go nice and slow :)

thank you. :)

if only I have access toa press :(

Get a piece of tubing plastic/rubber/metal to fit over the drill bit, cut it to show 13 m/m of drill.
This will act as a stop for the depth you require.

Sponsored Links
They are of little use on anything thinner than 18mm as you have to be able to secure with screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back