How to use Ultracolor Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found an old bag of Ultracolor Plus and want to use it. According to youtube videos, it's not something for beginners. The last time I played with grout was 15 years ago. So, I am a beginner. I need to regrout a small access panel, and don't need much grout. What ratio of powder to water do I need? Say I use a cup of powder, is 1/4 cup water good enough or too much?

Sponsored Links
Finished the job. The powder was nothing like anything I have seen before. It was completely water proof. Then the wetting process suddenly kicked in. I think this is what would catch beginners out. Similar but to a lesser extent, cement mortar behaves like this also. Going slow with the water and keep mixing is the key. I ended up mixing it like mortar to the same consistency of not quite falling off the trowel, and that worked fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back