How to waterproof outdoor usb connection to camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought some Eufy outdoor cameras to provide some security for a back garden and I also bought an external usb solar panel.

The plan is to have the solar panel connected to the outdoor camera and it provides constant charge.

Just wondering what is the best way to seal the micro usb connection so that it doesnt rust and ruin the camera.

Sponsored Links
Rather depends on the model. Suggest you go to YouTube and search for
eufy outdoor camera install
There's lots of people who have done this!
For example

They claim if you use the official product and supplied stuff it is waterproof.

But Google will find you more info I am sure.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure I meggared some years ago and the stuffs conductive, something that you know don't conduct may be better
If it wasn't cured maybe, but I'd be very surprised if you could show that cured silicone conducts electricity

If it wasn't cured maybe, but I'd be very surprised if you could show that cured silicone conducts electricity
Maybe, we was on site and the box needed energising Imediately, so it was likely just a test, direct out the tube.
We opted against its use incase.
Nowadays there's more options, but back in the day.

Rather depends on the model. Suggest you go to YouTube and search for
eufy outdoor camera install
There's lots of people who have done this!
For example
That vid was absolutely pointless to the question that was asked. Zero info about USB or waterproofing.

My suggestion is…….? Not to post unrelated vids as a solution, and to own up after doing something silly, even if well-intentioned.

As far as OP’s actual issue, I ended up calling Eufy tech support today to see if they would provide some of the model specific waterproof cable gaskets that they ship in their Eufy-branded solar panel kits, in case they would fit nicely. I have Eufy 2C’s, and bought 3rd party panels on Amazon for $16. The guy was very helpful but couldn’t find the gaskets in system as shippable parts, and suggested I email the request. I’m not hopeful. Meanwhile, I wanted to get my panels installed today so just used some dielectric grease. May pick up some silicon tape and add that on.

Here's a link to the panels I'm using. They’re working well enough that I left a review with pics showing one mounted in my Rhododendron patch.

I'm attaching a screengrab of the official "Waterproof Gasket" in case it is helpful to somebody with Eufycam2C's, and also a pic and link to something from DigiKey which might be interesting.
Eufy2C gasket.jpg
USBTJ-02.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back