How to wire downlights ( spotlights )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my house is wired in the loop in method as shown in picture below

5E872EB5-496C-445B-ABEB-ED473291C828-17402-000003B9643956F0_zps6bedca5d.jpg

I have decided to put spotlights in my kitchen however not sure on how to do it as its the loop in method any hell would be appreciated on the downlights I have just live and neutral wire and link to each other .

Only problem is what happens when I have wired all the downlights in and I need to power the next light which is in the next room ? Do I just use a junction box ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Substitute the ceiling rose for a 20 amp 4 terminal junction box. The connections will be the same.

The cable shown on the diagram going from the ceiling rose to the lampholder will now be a twin and earth cable going to the first kitchen downlighter. Then wire from the first downlighter to the second downlighter, and so on.

Make sure you join all the earths together, even if the downlighter doesn't require an earth.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back