How to wire in a shower CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cab anyone give me a steer please on wiring in a shower CU?
I've got a 63A RCD and a 45A MCB. The RCD has got 2 terminals at the top marked 1 and N and 2 at the bottom marked 2 and N. There is a copper 'bridge' from the bottom T2 on the RCD to the bottom terminal on the MCB alongside it.
Logic tells me to connect the Live tail from the Henley block to the T1 terminal on the RCD and the Neutral tail from the Henley block to the N terminal on the top of the RCD. The live supply to the shower then goes from the bottom terminal on the MCB but where does the neutral from the shower go?
Advice gratefully received.
Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
The Shower Neutral goes to the Neutral OUTPUT terminal on the main RCD - I think you should call in a qualified electrician to do this, as you seem in doubt - a badly wired shower circuit can kill quite readily.

Cheers Kai and thanks for your safety advice, I didn't want to make any assumptions but I recognise it would probably maker sense to have a professional come in and check it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back