seperate shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A seperate shower enclosure, MK IP65 - 63A 30mA RCD. 50A MCB. How should this be wired correctly in regards to the existing CU (Not RCD protected). Split tails from meter or from existing CU (there is room for another MCB). I'd rather have an RCBO in there but can't find one that'll go in the CU (it's rather old).

Sponsored Links
Cool, thanks for that! As there is an MCB in the 'shower enclosure' should that one be used or an additional one in the CU? Do you know what I mean? Ta.

Sponsored Links
Ha ha, I don't mean the actual shower enclosure, where the water is! i meant the shower cu (ip65 enclosure), But it doesn't matter. I've actually thought about it now.. I just need the MCB in the main CU, wired up to the seperate shower cu RCD (which will be right next to the existing CU and nowhere near the bathroom!). Cheers! I'm not doing it, I'm getting a spark in, but i want to buy the gear first to avoid any further costly 'mark ups'. money's tight see...

Aye, true enough I suppose. I'm just trying to be clever! Thanks for the input though. Nice One.

Your electrician will have a working relationship with his wholesaler, and will be able to buy the correct parts at a better price than you can.

If I was presented with some cheap nasty parts by a customer, I would refuse to fit it.
It might twice as long to fit due to the poor design, and I'm expected to come and look at it when it goes wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back