How to wire my LEDS lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I'm doing the lights in my room and changing them from an existing single light fixture to a LED down lights (x4)

I'm stumped between how to wire them. between the following

1. Junction box at each light and run in square between each corner of the room to each light

2. multi junction box in the middle with 4 separate wires going to each of the 4 lights

3. Anyone have any good recommendations for LED bedroom lights (dimmable) ?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/20a-4-terminal-junction-box-white/1239d

Your thoughts ?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Didn't you like the replies you got on your post on the S/fix forum at the weekend?

The junction box needs cable retentions
the one shown is designed for lighting today the
85587.jpg
Wago seems popular as maintenance free, but the first box has basic same connections as a ceiling rose, and basic turns the three cables common in ceiling roses into one cable.

I have found with GU10 lamps area matters, and in general looking at around 3.5 watt, over 3.5 watt it seems the output is simply absorbed by the floor rather than lighting the room, my son decided the GU10 looked better than the fluorescent in the kitchen, and I have to agree it is a talking point Kitchen bike.jpg but to work you need a high ceiling which you can see from the bike it is high, and loads of lights, plus no bedroom etc above so cutting holes in ceiling will not be a fire risk. So yes in this extension with nothing above it works well, and in demo kitchens in the likes of B&Q the ceilings are high. But it is unlikely 4 will give enough spread of light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back