Adding LED Strips and Transformers to Light Ring with Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am replacing two T4 16W Strip Lights with two LED lighting strips. I have worked out which transformers I need for each length of LEDs. I just wanted to check something about using two transformers on one lighting ring.

Currently there are 2 points where the lighting wiring comes out the wall. At one of the points I will just add transformer and LED strip. At the other point the wire goes from the wall to a 3 Terminal Junction Box and from this there are 2 outputs, one to the extractor fan and one to the T4 light (which I want to swap to an LED Light). Is there any issue with having the transformer and the extractor fan coming out of the same junction box?

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

The terminology for the led lights is quite confusing. If you have them powered by the mains then the DC power supply the converts from 240v down to 24v or 12v seems to be called either a transformer or a driver...

Cool thanks for all the help!!

Just happy to get a bit of advice really, hardly seems like something that I'd need an electrician to do (he would prob tell me to do it myself anyway!), but couldn't find any decent guides that would say if this was ok or not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back