how to wire sunvic tlx7501

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I have just bought the above room stat and i dont understand the wiring diagram. The old stat has 1 black 2 red and 2 blue wires and i am confused. One of the red wires i think is the switch wire and links the on/off. Could anyone give me a very basic instruction as to which wires i need and which i don't. Also which wires go to 1,2,3 on the new stat.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Your colours seem a bit strange Black, Red, Blue.

Where do these connections come from and what is the heating system.
How many cables is it and what colours are in each cable.

on the link you gave and on the wiring diagram what does the c stand for, which terminal does the live from the wall go to and which terminals do i link with another wire?

Sponsored Links
on the link you gave and on the wiring diagram what does the c stand for, which terminal does the live from the wall go to and which terminals do i link with another wire?

C = LIve.
2 = Heating ON (return to trigger system or boiler.

What heating system do you have and what colour conductors are in what cable, or is it conduit and singles.

Sorry the wires coming out of the wall are 1 red 1 black and 1 earth (i think) as this has a green sheath on it and is wired to a screw on the base plate. Please could anyone tell me which terminals to attach each wire too on the new sunvic stat. the old stat is a Satchwell tlx2329

Sorry the wires coming out of the wall are 1 red 1 black and 1 earth (i think) as this has a green sheath on it and is wired to a screw on the base plate. Please could anyone tell me which terminals to attach each wire too on the new sunvic stat. the old stat is a Satchwell tlx2329

Your first post said 1 Black, 2 Red and 2 Blue ????

If you only had the Red and Black connected on the old stat, then,

Live Red on C.
Black to 2.
Earth to earth terminal, if no terminal sleeve and fold back on iteself.

thanks very much for your help i have now managed to get the stat installed and all working ok.

Cheers mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back