How vital is Benchmark long-book completion

I think you are slightly missing the point!

The manufacturer may give a guarantee ( actually a warrantee! ) at his discretion and subject to whatever terms they may impose.

However, the boiler maker has to comply with the Sale of Goods Act which requires that the boilers are of "merchantable quality". Most construe that to mean they have to put right any that fail within a year. Thats regardless of who has fitted them as long as they are fitted safely.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i ask at every job i do... then i ask if the guy was corgi reg'ed, then if they even remember the guys name

the answer to them is "whats that" "i think so" "sorry i cant" you would think if you are paying some one 1000's that you would at least remember the guys name!!!!!

so i end up putting "no details found" on the report sheet i guess i am just wasting my breath

my bad, the person who bought the boiler gets a guarantee( for a reasonable period eg 1year/2years) , the end user if different gets a corporate warrantee(which may run longer then the guarantee period)

Have you been drinking?

( More than me that is?)

Sponsored Links
i hardly drink, have had a hard couple of days tho and feel like carp

why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back