How would I fix this, floorboards with cut in ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Eventually will sand and wax floorboards, so lifted the carpet up today to be presented with a fairly large cut in the floorboards. Looks like it may have been done when the previous ppl replaced the radiator ?

Easiest way to repair this, would I get away with sawdust and pva ?

View media item 77230

Sponsored Links
Any chance of lifting the boards and re-laying with the cuts under furniture?

Probably can't tell from photos but that is in the very corner of the room so not end of the world. And the sofa will pretty much be on top of it.

Just not a great start I suppose. But dread replacing an at least 3 entire boards !

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Eventually will sand and wax floorboards, so lifted the carpet up today to be presented with a fairly large cut in the floorboards. Looks like it may have been done when the previous ppl replaced the radiator ?

Easiest way to repair this, would I get away with sawdust and pva ?

View media item 77230

I think you might find it doesn't look so bad, when the floor is sanded and waxed. It's not untidily done. If it was done for access to plumbing, then it might be useful to retain that access.

Sawdust and PVA isn't going to be an invisible repair.

I've done so much faffing about with floorboards in my house, that I tend to avoid unnecessary work now, and accept things like this as part of the character of the floor. I imagine there will be a few joins between floorboards visible in any case.

If it come to it, you could always put a rug on it.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back