How would you fix this (picture attached)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are renovating our house, it was all taken back to brick, boarded, skimmed and we've starting painting that walls. We've painted a first coat with watered down matt emulsion and a second coat with matt emulsion.

On one part of the wall there were some 'splashes' on the plaster before we painted (at a guess it was PVA splashes), we didn't think much of it because when I ran my hand over it, it felt smooth and flat. The first coat the paint didn't take as well as over these splashes, we did the second coat at this hasn't either:

IMG-3999.jpg

Its link the paint is thinner over the splashes so the paint isn't flat. I don't think putting more coats of paint over would fix it.

How would everyone else fix it?

Any help much appreciated
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Filler and careful sanding will sort it out, trying to paint over will take too long and too many coats and probably won't help anyway.

You need to check the surface is sound before you do anything, pointless trying to do anything on an unstable surface contaminated by PVA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back