How would you get around this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering how you plumbers would get around this. I don't know the correct terms for each of the parts, so have uploaded a couple of images.

This is the waste pipe on a roll top bath. Essentially there isn't enough of drop on the P trap, which means that waste pipe is catching on the bottom of the bath and the waste 'thingy' can't be screwed tight to the bottom of the bath.

I've looked for a longer / deeper 40mm CHROME P trap and a longer / deeper waste 'thingy', but can't seem to find one. The only other thing that I can think of is to Pack it out with 75mm? rubber seals? But would this likely leak?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attachments

• DSCN1342_opt.jpg
    DSCN1342_opt.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN1343_opt.jpg
    DSCN1343_opt.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 380
Sponsored Links
Sorry I should have said, as it is a roll top bath, the waste is exposed and to keep it in keeping with the style, effect affect.

Sponsored Links
Anyway - looks more like the problem is with the vertical pipe sticking up rather than the trap. But can't tell from the microscopic pictures.

That's a point, the waste isn't running parallel with the bath, looks like it actually goes up towards the end of the bath rather than fall?

The feet shown are the ones that are screwed into the floor, there are lion claw feet which can then be slipped on which then hide the 'bar feet'. I haven't secured the waste pipe yet, due to the problem that I am trying to solve.

I think Dan is right, that waste needs to drop, it's the pipe coming up through the floor that's pushing it up.

They mean that the slide on feet won't cover the whole of that god awful bar which is what is forcing your trap down. The vertical is too high where it drops through the floor also which is forcing it up even higher.

It's not the waste pipe that is pushing it up. It seems that the ascetics of the feet are causing some concern so I will upload some new, bigger photos
in the morning.

OP, the pipe is up at the far end, but the trap is pushed down at that end.

Your bath is sitting on a floor that is too weak to support it long term, and that box section looks a mess, as does the whole underneath of the bath.

Now that might be just the picture quality, but I have seen enough bathrooms and cheap bath suites to know that that is all wrong and you need a rethink before it is too late.

Now, you've asked us for advice, and you have received 3 different people's advice that all support each other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back