How would you get around this?

For demonstration purposes - Attached is a photo of the bath with at least one of the feet screwed in.

This is what the bath looks like with all feet screwed in -
https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...N_MAhWIVhoKHQP_A6oQMwgcKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

The bath is made by Sottini / Ideal Standard - please make your own judgement on the quality of these manufacturers.

The bath will not be left just on the chipboard.

The box section at the bottom of the bath is integral to the bath and won't be removed, regardless of whether some consider it to be a problem or how unsightly some may consider it.

The problem isn't due to the waste pipe being pushed up, I've taken another photo with the waste pipe with a fall to show this - there is a gap between the P trap and the bath 'thingy' and I cannot fully tighten it before the P trap catches on the bottom of the bath.

Attachments

• Bath 1.JPG
    Bath 1.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Bath 2.JPG
    Bath 2.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Bath 3.JPG
    Bath 3.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 273
  • SOT_Tupelo_E564101_WCuto_GB_RolltopBath_preview.jpg
    SOT_Tupelo_E564101_WCuto_GB_RolltopBath_preview.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 235
Sponsored Links
Turn the trap 90deg and take the waste along the back wall clear of the bath support.

Sponsored Links
Turn the trap 90deg and take the waste along the back wall clear of the bath support.

You could do that but it isn't what it's meant to do, the bath is designed to be freestanding in the middle of the floor if you wanted so a central waste should fit. Either the OP has been provided with an incorrect waste for the bath or it isn't fit for purpose.

Dan Robinson - please don't take this the wrong way, but if you still need more photos to understand the problem, you probably aren't going to come up with a solution. Perhaps your time is better served in supporting others on this forum?

Thanks for the reply - that is one potential solution, but I would ideally like a central waste pipe.

Other solutions that I've thought about (apart from packing out with rubber seals) is to look for a traditional bath waste with a long tail - although I can't seem to find one. Another idea was to fit a short of shorten chrome U bend - seems that they sell them in the US, but not over here. Another idea was to have a very short piece of 40mm between the waste and P trap. Again can't seem to find anything in chrome!

Did that trap come specifically for that bath? The answer lies in the trap and the fall of the waste pipe I think, you shouldn't need to re-route the waste.

Did that trap come specifically for that bath? The answer lies in the trap and the fall of the waste pipe I think, you shouldn't need to re-route the waste.

The bath was bought ex-display with the bit on the top of the photo together the overflow pipe already fitted. There is nothing on the thing to suggest who is the manufacturer of the part or a part number.
The P trap and the waste pipe are a generic product. The chrome P traps and the waste pipes look much of a muchness - and all seem to describe themselves as shallow - but will give a Tre Mercati 'P' trap 718E a go to see if the neck is any deeper / longer.

Attachments

• Bath 4.JPG
    Bath 4.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 147

I've been doing a bit my research based on your suggestion about the trap and the fall of the waste and it have found some clicker pop-up (not entirely sure what those are) where the traps look a little deeper / longer (attached).
Not sure if generally they are deeper / longer?

Attachments

• clicker - pop-up waste.png
    clicker - pop-up waste.png
    33 KB · Views: 158
If dropping the waste doesn't give you more room to tighten the trap up then it's not the correct trap, there must be a specific one to fit that bath that allows for room under those leg supports. I'd go to Ideal Standard and ask them.

I've contacted Ideal Standard (surprisingly quick at replying) and they have said that they specify a particular waste (E4961AA) but not the trap. Now I've done a search for the E4961AA waste and it looks so similar to the one that came with the bath, that I am pretty certain that I have the correct waste fitted.
I'm going to wait for the Tre Mercati 'P' trap 718E‏ and see if this solves my problem - unless anyone else has a potential solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back