How would you protect final stairway & door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my final exit is my front half glazed upvc door, this is situated at the bottom of a flight of stairs which at the top has my hall through a eggshell half glazed door (upper flat)
So question is what would I put on this exit door, on my last system I had a pir pointing down the stairs and a door contact as final exit, but I am open to what ever you recommend?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It isn't very clear, to the layout and if you are the owner or tenant.

ideally the final exit door would have the door contact, rather than a PIR, without knowing the above its difficult to advise correctly.

Sorry owner and used to have a system that I installed myself around 20+ years ago from cef but after a while took the panel out. So now I have a front upvc door half glazed which opens up onto 13 stairs to an interior half glazed door this opens out to my hall which will be covered by a pir. So behind front door is still the old keypad and hopefully I can also find the door contact wire and these two cables can be found in the attic. So do I fit a contact for door and pir at top of stairs to protect against glass breakage or shock sensor and do away with keypad and use this cable

Sponsored Links
Depends on what panel you are putting in and how you intend on arming and disarming the unit.
Depends on potential entry points to the property.

Normally the final exit door is on a door contact and a PIR covers the keypad.

In flats it gets more complicated based on access to each flat and if there is a common entry door/ hallway.

In the case of two flats sharing a common hallway there are 3 areas, flat1, flat2 and the common area, always best to arm each flat separately, but in the case of the common hallway its best to have that protected too.

Like I say I don't know the layout and how the alarm is intended to be used. Get a local company to give you a quote and they can advise based on your layout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back