Scantronic I-on40 and two Final Exits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am thinking about purchasing and installing the Scantronic I-on40 alarm system.

I intend to fit a PIR in my Hall as the entry route and a proximity sensor on my front door as my Final Exit.

However, as I also use my back door to leave the property, could I have a second Final Exit proximity sensor on my back door and another PIR in my Utility Room as the Entry Route?

I would have two RKPs by the front and rear doors.

Sponsored Links
There is no reason why you couldn't have a second exit route if you wish.

You have to think about whats best for you.

Personally I would try and only have one exit route when setting the alarm unless you live in a large property and have instant alarms elsewhere.

I think you need to think about the entire layout of the final system and try and think as a burglar and how you alarm would work if they broke in.

Thanks Hoover

If I have two final exits, then presumably the alarm will set once both final exit doors are closed.

I guess that this arrangement will then will give me time to switch off the alarm irrespective of whether I come in from the front door or the back door using the nearest RKP.

I need this approach as my garage is at the rear of the property, so I need the flexibility of setting and switch off the alarm from either position.

If you have two exit zones and the system sets after you have opened and closed the exit door, you will only need to open and close the one door.

You can enter via either door to start the entry timer.

There are many different ways of setting things up, so don't want to confuse.

Set it up if you are having any problems then you can always ask for support.

Sponsored Links
The only disadvantage of a final exit is that, if Billy Burglar comes in this way, the Entry Route detectors will ignore him and he has the entry time to do something before the alarm goes off (and it WILL go off if he doesn't enter the code / use the fob).

Your requirement is very common. Not everyone has two keypads. Some will just have the one in the hall and set the utility room, kitchen and hall detectors as Entry Routes. Remember that Entry Routes act as Normal Alarms (instant alarm) if they are triggered before the Final Exit so this doesn't cause a problem with the normal full setting. However, if you use the ERs as FEs in the night setting, an intruder could start the entry timer rather than a full alarm if they entered the utility room, kitchen or hall first.

The latter is unlikely so you can decide whether you think it's worth the cost of the extra keypad versus the risk of an intruder breaking into the kitchen and getting 20 seconds head start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back